Authentication by the Consular Section (Legalization)
1. After a document has been authenticated by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) of Ethiopia, it may then be submitted to the Consular Section of the Embassy of Ukraine for "authentication / legalization".
When presenting official documents to the Consular Section for legalization:
(a) individuals should provide a document that confirms his or her identity, as well as a declaration addressed to the Consular Section, dated and signed by the individual, which also identifies the document to be legalized by the Consular Section and for what purpose;
(b) legal entities should provide their letterhead signed by an authorized representative of the legal entity stating the intended use of the document.
In case if an individual or legal entity submits a declaration for the legalization of documents through a representative, a power of attorney or other notarized document confirming authority on the representative to act on behalf of the individual or legal entity, whose document is being presented for legalization, must also be submitted.
(c) photocopy of the set of documents for authentication should also be submitted. In doing so, due care must be taken not to remove any staples. Photocopies of multi-page documents must be in exact sequential order as the original, collated and attached to the original document with a clip.
Failure to comply will result in the return of the documents unprocessed.
2. The Consular Section will legalize only those documents which are duly authenticated by relevant Ethiopian authorities as outlined above.
3. The fees for legalization are:
- for private persons – 2250 Ethiopian birr per each document;
- for legal entities – 7750 Ethiopian birr per each document.
Payment should be in the exact amount of the appropriate fee as listed above.
The fee is not refundable after the legalization of documents.
4. Legalization processing time is 7 calendar days.
The fee is doubled for "RUSH" requests, i.e. Legalization of documents within 2-3 working days.